Friday, December 2, 2011

Anniversary Trip to Disneyland

Well Folks, I said I would get better at this and I am not doing so well. Here is another try at being a blogger.

The beginning of August we went to Disneyland with my little sister and her new hubby. We had such a blast, but it was too busy for my taste. Don't get me wrong we still had a wonderful time, but that time of year is too hot and busy. It was the only time we could go with Jeff being in school and all. We had a old friend who is over there in Cali working at Disneyland with her family and she got us into the parks, (I don't remember the last time I had to pay to go to Disney parks with me working there and all. hehe!) Jeff hadn't been there since he was 7, so I really excited for him to go and experience the it with him!

We flew in on Sunday and Marilee and Mikell picked us up and then we went to church over in the area by Disneyland. We then had a picnic at a park near the church building. Thank goodness for smart phones and the map apps they have!! Then we had to wait ti check in so we strolled across the street to Downtown Disney to kill some time. Then we checked in and got some good rest before we hit the Parks the next 2 days.

Monday we started bright and early and were there when the parks open. The key to the busy season at Disney parks is to get there at the very beginning and hit all of the big rides first cause the parks aren't as busy in the morning and utilize Fast Pass. We got to ride the updated Star Tours first and it was lots of fun. We rode all the good stuff like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Storybook Land Boats and I beat everyone at Buzz Lightyear!! HAHA!! We went and saw our family favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, we have to see it every time if we can. That afternoon we headed to California Adventure and went on Tower of Terror and we got to ride the brand new Little Mermaid ride, it was so cute. Finally we rode Soaring over California, that is a great ride! Back at Disneyland, they all humored me and watched the new parade with me and it just happened that Mikell's neighbor growing up was "friends" a certain Princess in the parade. It was fun for them to see each other for a quick moment and she even blew him a kiss (I am not sure how Mar felt about that. jk!) We also watched the fireworks and my most favorite show Fantasmic, I absolutely think that it is my most favoritve show ever at disney!! Can you tell I like it? :)














On Tuesday we were there at opening again and we went to the Fantasyland rides. My favorite one is Peter Pan and it's usually a long wait so you have to do it fast. We then hit Dumbo, the Tea cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toad's Wild ride and all the rest over there. After a while we went over to California Adventure for it's opening for the day. Right now it's under a lot of construction for the new look they are creating, so it made Jeff's first experience there not the best. Marilee also needed a wheelchair for her knee so crowds were not the best getting through. We hit Toy Story Mania first and again I beat everyone at it!! Yeah!! I am humble too. ;)  Then we rode California Screaming, watched Aladdin and rode Tower of Terror again. That night we watched an awesome college all-star band. There just happened to be a BYU gal in the band, Go BYU! haha I will only say that cause we are here going to school. Then that night we went and watched the new World of Color water show, because Mar was in a wheelchair we got pretty good seats. It was a beautiful and cool show! To end the night we went back to Disneyland and rode the Nemo Submarines. We were dead tired by the end of our trip. Oh and when we went to fly out we almost missed our flight because LAX is too busy and not very nice, but it's ok we got our workout running to our gate. :) We had lots of fun and had some good food!  I loved hanging out with my little sis and her new hubby. Jeff and I loved Disneyland and can't wait till we have a family of our own to take there too!
























1 comment:

  1. Umm...how did I not know that you have a blog? Now I'll know what you're up to! :) Glad you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete