Monday, February 4, 2013

Year 2012 in Review Part 1

Well... here I am again falling way behind in the world of blogs and now I need to play a little catch up. Mainly so that I can have this blog be some what of a journal for me. So here goes 2012 in review.

Well nothing to big happened at the beginning of the year, Just typical Provo/BYU married student life. I was still working with the BYU ARTS Partnership as a VISTA and Jeff was still working hard in the Animation Program and loving it! For Valentine's Day we accidentally discovered this AMAZING Italian restaurant in downtown Provo. It's called Gloria's Little Italy. Let's just say we have been there a few times since.

April came and I was done with my year of service with VISTA, so I decided to go home to visit my family in AZ for a bit. Luckily it just so happened my cousin, Sara, was getting married while I was home. It was such a beautiful ceremony in the Mesa Temple and was so thankful to be there to see it. My family was heavily involved in the planning/decorating of the reception and it was fun to help with that. My sister also made 500 cupcakes for the party, so I was given the task to frost them. Yikes my hands hurt after, but it was well worth it. I love to make cupcakes and cakes! It was a beautiful weekend for a wedding and I loved seeing all of my family. Before I headed back to Utah, my sister Wendi and I took a very quick trip to Disneyland to use the very last of my comp tickets. It was fun and enjoyable to spend some time with my sis! I still need to track down some pics so those with be added soon.

 In May we were able to watch the Eclipse with our cool glasses and then a few weeks later we got to see Venus crossing the sun too. They are some pretty cool glasses! We were able to watch them both with some great friends in the ward. We absolutely love our married student ward here. We have been blessed with great friends in our ward and will very sad the day we have to leave. Here are some fun pictures that Jeff took.







Next came June and this is one of most favorite months, because it is our anniversary and Jeff's birthday. So it is filled planning and so much fun! Well first for Jeff's birthday, Jeff-a-fest, he got to choose where he wanted to eat and of course he wanted to go to Gloria's! Yummy! Then we went to Nickle City and had a most marvelous time playing tons of games and winning lots of prizes!  We had a mini slumber party and we pulled our mattress into the front room and played video games and watched movies. Then he got his cupcakes and presents. Fun memories were made by all involved.

 One of the best desserts at Gloria's




His design that I put on a shirt.
Opening his Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver. Can't you tell how excited he is!

This year we celebrated our 2nd Anniversary and we had a marvelous time. I found this sweet deal on KSL.com for an Inn in Ogden and we decided to go for our anniversary. It was such a cute little place up the canyon each room was a separate little cabin. Very peaceful and there was warm breakfast brought to our room. I think that was Jeff's favorite part haha! We then stopped on our way home and watched BRAVE. What a great movie! I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who spoils me so much! We have so much fun together and he is mine FOREVER!! :)

 There was some Martinelli's and cookies in our room when we arrived


To Be Continued...

1 comment: